Heads up: this post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission for sharing their purchase links if you click on them. Any commission I make from these products won’t cost you extra. I only endorse products that I’ve fully tested and vouch for. Learn more about affiliate links here
Why Keto Electrolytes Matter
If you’ve been thinking about trying the keto diet, you’re probably now in the research stage. Congratulations! Research is one of the pillars of success for any new endeavor, and the more work you do now, the better off you’ll be for it.
To save you a google search, you’ll need to seriously consider getting some keto electrolytes to have on-hand for when the Keto Flu strikes. Everyone doesn’t struggle with the Keto Flu, but those that do experience it know that it’s rough.
No, it’s not the real flu,and it’s not contagious. The “keto flu” is the name for the lousy feeling that dieters get when they neglect their electrolyte and water intake. It is especially common for new dieters to get the “keto flu,” but it can happen at any time throughout your journey if you are not attentive to your body’s need for sodium, potassium, magnesium, and water.
The Keto Flu feels like…
- muscle cramps
Reading that is scary, I know… but there’s hope to avoid it entirely if you properly supplement your electrolytes. It’s probably about that time where you’ve typed “keto electrolytes” into the search bar of Google and hoped your saving grace would appear. You may be wondering, do I need to supplement? And if you’ve decided to start shopping around for electrolyte mixes, you may be wondering which is best.
The Ultima-te Keto Flu Cure
Look no further, because Ultima Replenishers are your BEST option for keto electrolytes because they taste good, dissolve well, and are naturally sweetened with stevia. They are 0 calorie, 0g sugar, 0g carb water enhancers that can transform your energy levels daily. All of their flavors are plant-based and they don’t use any artificial flavors or colors in their powders.
GoUltima Replenishers come in the following flavors:
- Blue Raspberry
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Cherry Pomegranate
Here are a description of the flavors, from my most favorite to least favorite:
- Raspberry: Cream of the crop. These have a true raspberry flavor are are the most versatile. Great in alcoholic drinks, desserts, popsicles, and teas. The strongest flavor of them all.
- Watermelon: Really delicious! I’m so glad these came out recently, as they’re going to be perfect for summer. They’d be a great alcoholic beverage mixed as usual with vodka or rum and some lemon slices. I would love these as gummies.
- Cherry Pomegranate: These are tied for second, IMO. They make excellent popsicles and gummies, or you could make a slushie with them. I wouldn’t use them in baked goods, though, as I don’t think the flavor profile is right.
Also good (there are no bad flavors):
- Blue Raspberry: These make me think of candy! Think Raspberry Bubbalicious or Jolly Ranchers! The only reason these rank lower is because they’re not as strong as I think I would like them to be.
- Grape: Also like Jolly Ranchers! These remind me of grape sodas from my childhood. I think they’d be really good popsicles, slushies, or in sparkling water.
- Orange: Pretty good! These make a great dreamsicle and mimosa, but it sort of stops there for me. I’m a Floridian so I’m very picky about my orange flavors.
- Raspberry Lemonade: Pretty good, but I prefer Raspberry.
- Lemonade: While I do like these, they lack the oomph I desire from lemonade. If you like really tart lemonade, you will need to add a True Lemon packet or several lemon slices to this one. Also, unless it’s cold, it has sort of an aftertaste. Not off-putting, but noticeable.
I incorporate electrolytes in my routine every dayjust to be certain I avoid the Keto Flu. Honestly, there are probably days I could skip where I’m more sedentary, but the other benefit of these is that they just make you feel good! They help you to stay hydrated (and hydration is definitely something I struggle with).
I mix my electrolytes like a sports drink, with cold water in a shaker bottle. I like to drink them before a workout, but they’re just as refreshing afterwards. You can either mix them for immediate use, or you can prep them in a bottle and leave them in the fridge overnight.
Many Ways To Use Ultima Powders
Obviously my favorite way to use them is as a sports drink (with cold water), but you can also try their electrolyte powders in the following ways:
- Ice cream flavoring
- Smoothies + smoothie bowls
- Gelatin gummies
- Curds and jams
- Cocktail mixers
My other favorite use for Ultima Replenishers?
Need I say more about that one? If you’ve been on the keto diet for a while and have tried to drink alcohol recently, you know that your tolerance is now miniscule. And if you’re just now finding out that you’ll be a lightweight on keto, then oops! I guess the cat’s out of the bag!
My old drinking routine on keto involved a couple of shots OR a couple of beers followed by a couple of glasses of water. But even when I did these things, I still woke up feeling less-than-ideal. Why? Because my body could benefit from some extra sodium, magnesium, and potassium.
Now, I either prep a glass of electrolytes in the fridge before starting my pre-game OR I make my last drink a cocktail that’s sweetened with electrolytes! Since I started this routine, I’ve noticed that I sleep longer and wake up feeling better after drinking.
You don’t have to be keto to try these! If you’ve ever heard of the Pedialyte method for preventing hangovers, then you already know how this works. Electrolytes help you recover no matter your carb intake. These electrolytes will help you, too!
RKF Keto Product Score
I love all of the flavors, but they don’t always have the same amount of sweetness. The lemon is definitely less strong than the raspberry, for example.
Ultima is sold online at Amazon, Thrive Market; physically at Whole Foods and CVS; and several other health/pharmacy stores. A full list is available on Ultima’s website. It is not available at local big box stores like Walmart, Target, or local grocery chains like Publix or Piggly Wiggly.
You absolutely need to have electrolytes on Keto. They’re worth the cost.
You’re probably going to pay between $30-40 per 90-serving tub. If you find it at the lower price (check Amazon frequently, at least one of their flavors goes down to that price every once in a while) then you’re looking at $0.34 per serving. That’s not an expensive Keto Flu remedy, in my opinion. I don’t usually pay full price for their items. I’d prefer all tubs to regularly be $30.
Bottom line: 8.5/10 Highly Recommend
Ultima powders are moderately available (in the United States) and easy to get a hold of. They’re delicious, they’re versatile, and all people (on any diet regimen) can benefit from owning and using them.
So, what do you think? If you’ve tried these, are they worth it? And if not, is there anything holding you back? Let me know what you think in the comments!
And if you’re ready to get your tub of Ultima Replenisher electrolyte mix, use this link to automatically apply 20% off your order on the Ultima website.
Until next time,